Friday 7 September 2018

Old Noll


Here's Oliver Cromwell, not yet Lord Protector, but already a Lieutenant General of Horse. Cromwell is looking out for the arrival of his Ironsides, who are presently in the flocking queue. Pics are clickable.

I think David Imrie painted him, it's certainly a lovely job! I painted the cornet and fount the other rider in my bits box. The base is from my circular command base pack. The minis are mostly (all?) Bicornes. The simple white flag is from a new pack from GMB, who have kindly also done flags for the Ironside troops, to follow.

I must apologise for the desultory nature of posts on this blog. I have at least a dozen regiments of foot and horse that are finished and awaiting photography, and several more on the basing tray, along with other officers. More pics to follow!


10 comments:

  1. What a superb trio, wonderful painting and basing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil- he's going to look even better, with the Ironsides behind him...

      Delete
  2. Our Leader of Men! Lovely figs, Simon, and beautifully based.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Came out very well. I have Prince Wupert in the basing queue...

      Delete
  3. Boo! Hiss! Lovely figs though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know where you are coming from; I find raising Parliamentarians quite hard.

      Delete
  4. Wonder basing on these. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Lee. I keep going back to the ECW, and sticking on another couple dozen tufts; the more I put on, the better they look!

      Delete
  5. Excellent! Can see the warts from here.
    (And finally got blogspot to accept my Google+ credentials for comments!)

    ReplyDelete