Monday 25 June 2018

Sir Charles Gerard’s Regiment of Foot


I've been very slack with the blog posts recently but will hopefully catch up in the coming weeks! This is Charles Gerard's regiment, from the King's Oxford army. They fought at Edgehill and First Newbury- there's more about it on BCW. NB all photos will expand if clicked!


The miniatures are all Bicornes, painted by Chris Meacham. The lovely flags are GMB- Gerrard's has a gyronny design, the finest ECW flag style in my opinion. 

The bases are my FK&P batbases for a 30cm grid, which can now be bought from the BigRedBatshop. I'll shortly be adding bases that will work with a 20cm grid.


In other news.... I have lots of ECW regiments that are finished but I've not had time to take photos- I will try to catch up in the coming days!

9 comments:

  1. The mix of blue and brown shades is simply stunning, I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are superb, Simon! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a lucky boy, Aaron!

      Delete
    2. PS starting revisions of TtS! next week- might take a while! Maybe I can run past you at some stage?

      Delete
  3. Oh my word that unit is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Lee! Sign you up for a game at SELWG or Colours?

      Delete
  4. Simply beautiful work all round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks too kind! I wish it was my painting, Chris is tooo good.

      Delete