Monday 9 October 2017

Earl of Essex's Regiment


Here's another regiment arriving at the For King And Parliament muster- my first Parliamentarians, the Earl of Essex's or Lord General's regiment (all photos clickable). They started the Civil War in pretty tawny uniforms, as described on the excellent BCW site.


Mostly Renegade with lovely Bicorne command, these were all painted (or repainted from eBay purchases) by Shaun McTague- I highlighted, added the super Flags of War flags and based on my custom wobbly-edged ECW bases. I was very pleased how the standards appear like they are being waved together in a display.


Above, the command base can be in front at the start of the battle, and moved behind once the shooting starts- the flags look great through the pike. I was also very pleased with how the pike casualties came out- I'm trying to use more casualties in this army.

4 comments: